Funding and Donations
TFSS is a non-government, community based organisation that has been delivering services to families in Tamworth for more than 30 years. It has more than 90 staff across all programs. The service also operates in areas outside of Tamworth, including Quirindi, Werris Creek, Manilla, Barraba, Gunnedah, Narrabri, Armidale, Inverell and Glen Innes.
TFSS now comprises over 21 funded programs. These include Government funded programs that are free to the community. The aim of the TFSS is to provide help to people in need.
Family and Community Services (FaCS) funded programs at the service include:
- Family Support Workers, who work with Tamworth families experiencing stress or crisis in their lives, with priority given to families with younger children.
- Outreach Early Intervention Family Worker travels to Manilla, Quirindi, Werris Creek and Nundle areas to support families with dependent children up to the age of eight.
- Intensive Family Support Workers who help families with children in Family and Community Services.
- Supported Playgroups in Oxley Vale, Hillvue, open to any families with children who are five years old or younger.
- Quirindi Supported Playgroup, which is available for any families with children under five years.
- Tamworth Homelessness and Housing Support has services available for men, women and families who have experienced domestic violence or who may be homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- Tamworth Youth Refuge supporting youths who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs (FaHCSIA) funded programs include:
- Children's Contact Service is partially funded by FaHCSIA. Under this program, TFSS is responsible for providing a supervised contact and changeover centre for families experiencing high level conflict with separation or divorce.
- Locational Supported Playgroup, or Dhiiyaan Playgroups are also funded by FaHCSIA.
Other Funded Programs Include:
- HIPPY Program funded by HIPPY Australia and the Brotherhood of St Laurence. The HIPPY Program (Home Interaction Program for Parents and Youngsters) is a home-based parenting and early childhood enrichment program targeting families with young children.
TFSS has eleven different locations. They are:
- Administration Centre
- Early Childhood Services
- Children's Contact Service
- Coledale Community Centre
- Tamworth Regional Youth Centre
- Family Services on Gunnedah Road
- Reconnect in Gunnedah and Narrabri
- Staying Home Leaving Violence in Inverell
- Women's Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Service in Armidale
- Women and Children's Refuge
- Tamworth Youth Refuge
Donate to TFSS
TFSS is a "not for profit", charitable organisation.
There are many different ways you can support TFSS. You can make a one-off donation, or you might like to consider making a bequest part of your Will.
All donations of $2.00 and over are tax deductible. Help TFSS make a difference today.
Make a general donation to TFSS or find out more about specific programs and campaigns which you can donate to: