Currently offered in these postcode areas: 2340.
Your child's earliest and most powerful learning comes from their family. HIPPY (Home Interaction Program for Parent and Youngsters) is a two-year program helping support this learning process.
HIPPY is a free two year education program for children aged 3 and 4. HIPPY helps parents lay the foundations for success at school by teaching their child literacy, numeracy and language skills, and physical motor skills. We help develop a child's readiness for school, and a love of learning that lasts throughout their lives.
- Contact the HIPPY coordinator (email@example.com or 0408 104 918) to express your interest in the program. Intakes take place before May 31st.
- Parents have fun practicing the activities with their Home Tutor (30 sessions in the first year and 15 sessions in the 2nd year)
- Outside of sessions, parents spend 10 -15 minutes a day doing a HIPPY activity or story.
- You can participate in Parent Gatherings that can cover a wide range of topics.
- Celebrate your child’s success at the HIPPY Graduation
Priority of Access:
- Do you hold a Health Care Card?
- Is your child Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander?
- Are you caring for an out-of-home child?
- Are you receiving a form of government support payment?
- Are you a single parent?
- Is English not your first language?
Priority will be given to families who tick one or more of these boxes and who have not completed HIPPY previously.