Currently offered in these postcode areas: 2340.
HIPPY (Home Interaction Program for Parent and Youngsters) is the most effective way to provide early childhood learning in the home, improving children’s school readiness through interactive play-based and learning activities.
Children’s earliest and most powerful learning comes from their family. Through a structured education program, HIPPY helps parents lay the foundations for success at school by teaching their child literacy, numeracy and language skills, as well as physical skills, so they develop a love of learning that lasts throughout their lives
- Contact the HIPPY coordinator and enroll in the program before May 31st
- Parents have fun practicing the activities with their Home Tutor (30 sessions in the first year and 15 sessions in the 2nd year)
- Children spend 10 -15 minutes a day having fun doing a HIPPY activity or story with their parent
- You can participate in Parent Gatherings that can cover a wide range of topics
- Celebrate your child’s success at the HIPPY Graduation
Priority of Access:
- Do you hold a Health Care Card?
- Is your child Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander?
- Are you caring for an out-of-home child?
- Are you receiving a form of government support payment?
- Are you a single parent?
- Is English not your first language?
Priority will be given to families who tick one or more of these boxes and who have not completed HIPPY previously.