Reclaim the Night
Join us on: Friday 28th October 2022 6:00pm - 8:00pm at Tamworth Police Station , 40/42 Fitzroy Street Tamworth , NSW 2340
For more information please email email@example.com
Tamworth Domestic & Family Violence Committee and members invite you to attend the 2022 Reclaim the Night march.
When: The march will be held on Friday 28th October from 6.00pm, from the Tamworth Police Station to Bicentennial Park, followed by BBQ, speeches and entertainment.
Background: Reclaim the Night is a global event held on the last Friday of October to stand up and march in protest against sexual violence against women, children, transgender people and other people who are common targets of harassment and violence. Reclaim the Night was first held in Australia in 1978. It is a powerful community statement and awareness raising event that has not been able to run over the past 2 years due to COVID. In 2022 we want to once again raise awareness in our community about the impact of sexual assault and other violence on women, increase understanding about the supports available and raise our collective voices as a community -
- To say NO to all forms of violence against women and children
- That no means no, regardless of race, religion, class, age, sexual orientation, sex or gender identity
- To have the right to feel safe in public places
- Increase support for survivors of Family and Domestic Violence
- Increase community awareness that violence against women is much more than just physical it includes verbal, emotional, psychological, social and financial violence.
- Everyone is welcome, bring your family, partner and friends and wear something purple.